Advanced Open Water Scuba & NITROX Combo
Combine the Advanced Open Water and NITROX Courses to save money!
Enroll in the Advanced Open Water Diver Course to explore new dive sites and undertake exclusive activities under the supervision of a Kent Island Scuba Instructor. This course allows individuals to learn about specialties and diving activities of particular interest. Your confidence and skill as a diver will increase while you experience the excitement of learning more about the underwater world.
During training, students complete a minimum of six open-water dives, including three separate dives for navigation, night or low visibility diving, and deep diving (130 feet/40 meters of maximum depth), plus three additional dives based on your individual preferences and available options.
Possible activities include:
- Search and recovery
- Boat diving
- Light salvage
- Hunting and collecting
- Exploration and underwater mapping
- Wreck diving (non-penetration)
- Observation and data collecting
- Diving in surf or currents
- Altitude diving
- Salt Water diving (in areas where most diving is in freshwater)
- Freshwater diving (in areas where most diving is in saltwater)
- Shore diving
- Diving for photos and videos
- Using dive computers
The Advanced Open Scuba Diver course is for certified divers who desire additional training or orientation to a variety of diving sites and conditions. Divers must be a minimum of 10 years of age, in good health and must be previously certified as a Scuba Diver.
1. Academics: eLearning: Self-Paced
2. Open Water Checkout(s): Several Options (dive boat, trips, etc...)
Open Water Checkout Dives: options include:
- Boat Dives: Weekly on the Kent Island Dive Boat
- Palm Beach Dive Center (Weekly)
- Referral (If you're going to finish on a trip with another dive center)
- eLearning Academics
- Open Water Checkout Dives
What's not included:
- Personal Dive Gear (Mask & Fins)
- Rental Dive Gear (BCD, Regulator(s), Weights, etc...)
- Wetsuits (if necessary)
- Boat Fees, Quarry Fees, etc…
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device