Basic Open Water (Partial) & Free NITROX
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure, and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your Basic Open Water Scuba diving certification – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
To enroll in a Basic Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
The complete Basic Open Water Diver Certification consists of three main phases:
- Academics:eLearning and Knowledge Review (in the classroom) to review/understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives (Pool) to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Checkout Dives to use your skills and explore
The Basic Open Water Partial Course includes academics and confined water dives.
Open Water Checkout Dives:
Once the academic and confined water (pool) phases of the training are complete, you will be able to select from a number of options to complete your open water phase, to include:
- Confined Water Dives
Rental Dive Gear (BCD, Regulator(s), Weights, etc...)
- Open Water Referral
What's not included:
- Checkout Dives
- Personal Dive Gear (Mask & Fins)
- Wetsuits (if necessary)
- Boat Fees, Quarry Fees, etc...
You may be able to get college credit for the Basic Open Water course – ask your instructor.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device