Basic Open Water Partial (eLearning Academics & Pool)
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your Basic Open Water Scuba diving certification – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
To enroll in a Basic Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
The Basic Open Water Diver Certification consists of three main phases:
eLearning (online, independent study) and Knowledge Review in the classroom to review/understand basic principles of scuba diving -- (Face-to-face class available, please ask your instructor for additional information).
Confined Water Dives (Pool) to learn basic scuba skills
Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore
You may be able to get college credit for the Basic Open Water course – ask your instructor.
- Confined Water Dives
- Open Water Checkout Dives
- Rental Dive Gear (BCD, Regulator(s), Weights, etc...)
What's not included:
Open Water Checkout Dives
- Personal Dive Gear (Mask & Fins)
- Wetsuits (if necessary)
- Boat Fees, Quarry Fees, etc...
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device